Friday, April 25, 2008

Another One?!?!?!

Okay, I'm home, it's Friday night, 9:25 pm according to the pink hello-kitty-crossed-with-a-pikachu clock on my computer. I have been working 14 plus hour days for so long now, if/when I go back to 9 hour days, I'm going to feel like a part-timer. Anyway, the point of this is to write ANOTHER design brief...

Design Problem:
Create a poster and invitation to an event.

Design Ideas:
Could make a poster for graduation. Use a drawing of a billowing silhouette of a grad gown, typography next to it to state the time, day, location. Invitation could have the same gown as the poster, but because the gown only covers half the page, the cover of the invitation would be a die-cut of the gown.

Could make a poster for the summer solstace...no real ideas...

Could get some sleep and then let my fingers do some freehand sketching, see what happens...

Could continue to wonder why I'm required to take this class when I'm already working in the field and have a professional portfolio...but am really too tired to think about it...

1 comment:

cbear said...

Despite your feelings, it sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck with the rest of the term.